Arts & Crafts Bath
Arts & Crafts Bathroom Design
I was recently asked by a contractor to design a bathroom in an Arts & Crafts style home in Westboro. This was an amazing opportunity to work in a well crafted, traditionally styled home. The home owners provided a few examples of what they wanted their master bathroom to look like, but beyond that, the design was very open ended. The bathroom is long and narrow and has a sloping ceiling which could make the space feel small. The wainscotting we added really helped to make the space feel higher and less long and keeping a light colour scheme with warm whites made the space a welcoming retreat. Here is the breakdown of the design board.
- Keep to the design aesthetics of the home
- Must have: vanity with traditional lines and high end moulding details.
- Create light and airy feel
- Marble look shower with tile wall feature
- Stand alone solid wood traditional style vanity
- Faux wainscoting in white to create traditional, upscale element and create more light
We came to the client with a mix of high end and mid range products knowing that not everything would be incorporated into the final design. In the end, the client chose to splurge on the vanity and shower tiles. The result is two eye popping features in this traditional style bathroom.